In the risk and capital management segment of banking operations, the Association of Serbian Banks is active in the following ways:
- Continuous monitoring of the regulations governing the field of risk and capital management in banks and the control of bank operations, as well as through providing expert assistance to banks in the implementation of these regulations;
- Initiating the amendment of regulations with the system institutions, participating in the work of commissions and working groups for drafting regulations in the mentioned fields and obtaining opinions from relevant institutions;
- Maintaining and managing existing databases (default rate) and developing new projects for the exchange of bank data, where the banks show interest;
- Organising and coordinating the work of the ASB Risk and Capital Management Committee;
- Organising seminars, conferences and workshops on relevant topics.
ASB Risk and Capital Management Committee
The ASB Risk and Capital Management Committee (hereinafter: the Committee) is an advisory body of the governing bodies of the Association of Serbian Banks, composed of banking experts engaged in risk and capital management.
The purpose of the Committee is to bring together bankers working on risk and capital management, enable business networking and better information exchange, as well as to provide coordinated assistance on various topical issues related to risk management, regulatory implementation, arrangement activities, with the aim of increasing the efficiency and quality in their operations.
The Committee has 9 members, as well as working groups on market risks, operational risks and security instruments.
Committee's Scope of Operations
- Regulations: The Committee was established with the aim of being the voice of the banking industry in the field of risk and capital management and to represent the interests of banks when addressing state institutions concerning various issues that have been recorded as a systemic problem for banks, or that are not clearly defined in the regulations. The Committee launches initiatives towards the state institutions, with the support of the ASB Board of Directors, and seeks to intensify the communication with the national supervisor.
- Increased awareness and coordination in the work of risk managers through occasional (where appropriate) joint meetings between Committee members and bankers working on risk management from all banks, through direct dialogue, exchange of experiences and opinions on various issues, a more detailed explanation of certain methodological solutions adopted by the Committee and the initiatives taken towards the state institutions, etc.
- Bank FinIng - an annual gathering of banking experts engaged in risk and capital management in banks, and all other bank employees who directly or indirectly contribute to the success of the risk management function, with the aim of exchanging professional experience and learning about:
- New ideas and modern tools for managing exposure;
- Examples of good banking practice from the most developed banking industries;
- Recommendations of international standards;
- Tools to mitigate risk exposures, and their efficiency.
Members of the ASB Risk and Capital Management Committee
By the Decision of the Board of Directors of the Association of Serbian Banks dated 22.10.2019, the ASB Risk and Capital Management Committee comprises the representatives of the following banks:
- Addiko Bank a.d. Belgrade;
- Agroindustrijsko komercijalna banka AIK banka a.d. Belgrade;
- Banca Intesa a.d. Belgrade;
- Postal Savings Bank a.d. Belgrade;
- Erste Bank a.d. Novi Sad;
- Eurobank a.d. Belgrade;
- Komercijalna banka a.d. Beograd;
- NLB Bank a.d. Belgrade;
- Raiffeisen Bank a.d. Belgrade;
- Unicredit Bank Serbia a.d. Belgrade;
- Vojvođanska banka a.d. Novi Sad and OTP Bank a.d. Belgrade.
The expert coordinator of the Committee's operations is Ms Slavica Drinić, a Special Advisor at the Association of Serbian Banks.