ASB Cheque Clearing Payment System
- Cheque Clearing has been in operation since 1 September 2004 and so far cc 142,865,587 cheques have been processed;
- The transaction cost has not changed to date and is regulated by an inter-bank agreement;
- In the last five years (2014-2018), the number of cheques executed on the ASB Cheque Clearing Payment System on a monthly basis has varied between 590,000 and 680,000 cheques;
- In 2018, an average of 628,000 cheques were processed monthly, or over 7,000,000 cheques annually;
- The relationship between the Banks and the Association of Serbin Banks is governed by the Agreement in accordance with the Law on Payment Services and the Operating Rules of the System approved by the National Bank of Serbia in the licensing process;
- At present, 24 banks in Serbia participate in the operation of the ASB Cheque Clearing System.
It is estimated that the number of cheques between 2019 and 2022 will stabilise at between 590,000 and 680,000 cheques per month;
The challenges that can threaten this trend are:
- The development of instalment and credit card markets;
- The development of instant payments at points of sale;
- Reduced interest of the banks in the number of cheques issued to citizens;
Taking into account the trends of payment power of the citizens and the conditions that the trading network enables when making a purchase (deferred payment up to 360 days) in the observed period, one should not expect any major fluctuations in the realisation of the number of guaranteed cheques (about 7,250,000 cheques per year).
Given that the technical and technological infrastructure is relatively recent and meets the operational needs of all ASB payment systems, no hardware requirements are expected to arise in the coming period.
The applicative solution is of a recent date (2017) and is fully harmonised with the license and regulations of the National Bank of Serbia.
Participants of the ASB Cheque Clearing Payment System
- ADDIKO BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- ADRIATIC BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- AIK BANKA A.D. BELGRADE;
- ALTA BANKA A.D. BELGRADE;
- BANCA INTESA A.D. BELGRADE;
- POSTAL SAVINGS BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- ERSTE BANK A.D. NOVI SAD;
- EUROBANK DIREKTNA A.D. BELGRADE;
- HALKBANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- NLB KOMERCIJALNA BANKA A.D. BELGRADE;
- MOBI BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- OTP BANK SERBIA A.D. BELGRADE;
- PROCREDIT BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- RAIFFEISEN BANK A.D. BELGRADE;
- SRPSKA BANKA A.D. BELGRADE;
- UNICREDIT BANK SERBIA A.D. BELGRADE;
- TREASURY ADMINISTRATION.